Thursday, September 01, 2005

EETimes.com - Hitachi claims Cambridge qubit silicon success

Another step. At this rate I'll definitely be heading to the wikipedia page soon. The problem is that someone needs to fill in the years between 2001 and 2005...

Actually, I was going to write 'Another small step...', imagining myself being fiendishly clever with the play on quantum and small and all that, but then I thought that perhaps to these scientists it's not such a small step. Or even worse, it may seem like I have no idea what I'm writing about...

As qubits can be combined in a variety of two-dimensional circuits, as in conventional microprocessors, there is the possibility of scaling-up from one device to a large quantum circuit, which is Hitachi Cambridge Laboratory's next project.

Believe me, we here at topolog will be keeping an eye on that project.

Technorati tags:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'll smite you, evil spam person.