Saturday, March 19, 2005

Quantum computing FAQ The interesting bit on that page is:
interesting speculation on combining quantum computers with neural networks Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 09:38:36 +0100 (MET)

Some time ago I read a very good article on quantum computers, explaining in fairly simple terms how they should eventually work. I'll post the link somewhere on this blog when I find it again. As I was reading it I couldn't help noticing a strong (in my ignorance I certainly thought it was strong) correlation (mmh, statistically perhaps a bit loaded, that word) with artificial neural nets. Not that I know that much about neural nets either, except that they work superficially (since I only understand them superficially) the way quantum computers will work (one day when they get them to work at all).

When I discovered the link above I was quite excited since the author seem to have come to a similar conclusion, and since he obviously is more knowledgeable on the subject than I. The only downer on that one is the date. I am just soooo slow.

The British Computer Society (BCS), in 1999, then followed a similar route: Quantum Neural Information Processing

Oh, here we go. Someone who can summarise it for us nicely (ultimately from Technology Research News 10 July 2002).

No comments: